Tuesday, October 5, 2010

simple things...

Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice
Tonight's dinner was very, very simple...right from my latest issue of Cooking Light. Their recipes are also available online, but I like having the print version too...reminds me to cook light once in a while :)  Link to this recipe is here : Cider Chicken

This combination is really excellent - the brown rice, butter and pecans compliment the apple cider flavor so well. The only change I made was to the rice - I used frozen brown rice from Trader Joe's. Usually I make my own  rice, of course, but this is an awesome thing to have around for a quick meal...it's just plain brown rice, already perfectly cooked, that heats in a few minutes. Dressed up with pecans and browned butter, it's absolutely wonderful. Quick weeknight dinner - under 30 minutes - that meets both my foodie and healthy requirements. Done !

2 comments:

  1. Your "quick weeknight dinner" would be considered a weekend feast for most people! It sounds fantastic, and I never knew TJ's had that rice available...rock on Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I must have missed this one! Perfect fall recipe :) I'm doing it this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete