Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I love pears...

not the best picture...but OMG yum !
Dinner tonight was a quick and simple, since I'm still not feeling 100%....but I needed something good and healthy. Flipped through my newest Cooking Light and decided on Broiled Tilapia Gyros . I added some oregano when I was broiling the fish, since I can't imagine a gyro without it...and I upped the lemon juice and garlic a little in the tzatiki, because I like it to have plenty of bite. Excellent stuff, though the guys were not enamored of the English cucumber. Next time just a stock American :)

Dessert was also easy, and something I sort of came up with on the fly...I wanted to do some more stuff with my way cool Grade B syrup, and I had pecans left from the salad and pears around anyway (I really do love pears ! ) So - Maple Roasted Pears with Glazed Pecans and Mascarpone Cream. This is WAY easier than it sounds...check it out :

Maple Roasted Pears with Glazed Pecans and Mascarpone Cream

2 pears, halved
2 T maple syrup
2 T glazed pecans (Diamond - Pecan Pie are usually available in stores; the version from Trader Joe's is much much better though)
4 oz mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 T powdered sugar

Drizzle pears with syrup. Bake in a 375 oven for 30 minutes or so - until soft and golden.
Make Mascarpone Cream : beat mascarpone, cream and sugar until smooth
For each serving, sprinkle a pear half with some pecans, and top with a spoonful of cream

Enjoy !

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmm! Pears sound wonderful! Glad you're feeling better xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic! Sounds like it might go well with white peach tea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete