Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chipotle Lime Butter

didn't get home until after 7, so left the guys in charge of dinner...and it was great. Mark took the jar of bulgogi marinade we got at H Mart and marinated chicken in it, then did it up on his smoker/grill...awesome. He also grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, summer squash and peppers) that he had marinated in a mango-curry concoction...a little sweet, but a nice change. Alex was in charge of corn-on-the-cob, and it was perfectly cooked - cooked through, but plenty of snap.

Of course, they left me in charge of chipotle-lime butter :)

This butter is something that I just started fooling around with this summer...can't even remember where I first heard about it, but the first time we made corn this year I got "Chipotle Lime Butter" stuck in my head. I love fresh corn in the summer anyway, but this just really elevates it.

Chipotle Lime Butter

1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 pinch salt
zest of one small lime
juice from about a quarter of the lime
1/8 tsp (or more to taste) chipotle powder

Mix this all up, and get ready for corn greatness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment